Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year & Countdown

     

 
  A New Year is here and 10 days until surgery! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021

Got my genetics Cancer panel results back....
Negative.....What this means....I never had the gene that said I could get cancer!!
This comes from birth. 
My family lines for 4 generations either side at least, never had breast cancer.
Why am I not surprised and I get the hardest to detect, hardest to see without a MRI, 
and only 10% of the women get this type of breast cancer!
Tag I am it!!

Soo with that negative news on the cancer gene, it is good and yet bad in a way!
Why is it bad you ask(as did I)... that means Medicaid will NOT pay for a bi-lateral!
Even though lumps were found in right side via MRI and biopsied(supposedly benign),
Medicaid will only pay for left 1 since doctors, surgeons, mammogram, ultrasounds, and MRI showed and provided proof of the lumps.

How I feel about this? Not happy with medicaid rules on this.
This probably means chemo, radiation, hormone pills all because medicaid providers want that ALL MIGHTY $$$ at the patients health expense(major side effects: puking, hair loss, weight loss, in and out of hospital, trips to the body damaging treatments)!! 
They much rather keep a patient under the thumb and show the government they are paying my bills for all than to let the patient decide their health future as to cancer!!

I am glad that the genetics said I never had that gene, which means my children did not get it!  I am sad and frustrated that I dont show high risk of getting cancer again, because that means medicaid will ONLY approve left side mastectomy. :(

Hopefully this new year will bring better health, less nasty treatments, less gas and damage to car just to get to appointments!.  

Ending this with 1 blessing and positive note

My blessing is that all those who are suffering from BC and treatments, that they feel better soon and stay positive despite all!!

Positve Note: I will be a SURVIVOR and I WILL fight to live another day!!

2 comments:

  1. Michal...I have a type of breast cancer in one breast that only 5% of women who get breast cancer get. So i understand where u are. I also had the genetics thing done. Luckily cuz I do genealogy I had many death certificates and they said not to worry as the only other 2 family members that had cancer did not have breast cancer. My thoughts are with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michal may I suggest getting a GoFund me page? Scrapbookers stick together and we help each other. The word could be spread and it would help with meds, gas, or whatever you may need. It is a thought. But please know I am praying for you. Your name is in my Bible and God is listening.

    ReplyDelete