Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Update

 


Info covering from Jan 9 til  current.  

Jan 11, 2021

Surgery went well overall.

They had to pull extra lymph nodes due to the few showed cancer in the sentinel nodes.

Stayed overnight!


Jan 18, 2021

Well I went on high alert, anxiety and seen a water blister just above incision!

After calling and talking to backup surgeon(MLK Day all closed) and not feeling good about the discussion. My neighbors took me to ER... I was right. Cellulitis was just starting up! O_O

Follow up with Surgeon Jan 19, 2021

He was not happy to see the infection either and called for another day of surgery!
Cleaned out the infection and applied a Wound Care Vac to me!
Another overnighter!!

Jan 24, 2021

Wound Care nurse came to visit! She was very gentle and trying not to cause me undue pain!
Tape was STUCK good to me... She soaked it down with Dermal Wound Care spray!
This made it easier and not nearly as painful. Towards center of chest the nerve blocks helped ALOT!

Jan 25, 2021

Machine starts alerting that there is a leak! OH NO!!
Called case manager Brenda about it and took some pics of machine msg and chest image.
She got ahold of a wound care nurse to come by and fix me up.
Won't deny I was scared that infection was going to flare up AGAIN! 
Final decision, redo the whole thing! More pain this time even though he was easy on it all!

Jan 27,2021

Day before my next follow up I guess I must've been exhausted cause I fell asleep sitting up!
My dog Chia has been like GLUED to me since first surgery! 

I sit on the bed and she tries to climb up my legs to get up onto bed beside me!
She is trying to take care of me, I am sure of it!

Crossing fingers Dr. Rasmussen is a bit more happy about the looks of wound!

No comments:

Post a Comment